Course Information Sheet - ICT & Creative Computing
Duration: 10 Weeks
What is the course about?
At the end of this course you will have a complete understanding of the higher functions of Word. You will be able to perform the most advanced functions, including merging your documents with databases for mail-shots and producing well-defined documents. You will learn how to work with extremely large documents and how to use macros to speed through any repetitive functions, create table of content, track changes in a document.
Are there specific requirements for joining?
This course is suitable for learners who have some prior knowledge of MS Office software.
How will I learn?
You will be in a group of a maximum 10 learners and you will be guided through your course by one of our tutors. You will be given handouts to help you remember and you will be given lots of time to practice what you are learning. You will learn as an individual but also as a part of the group.
What topics will we cover and what you are able to do:
- Use windows 7 to:
- Create folders & subfolders
- Delete, move folders
- Download pictures from digital camera, organise and move them to different folders
- Use MS Word 2007 to:
- Create files & store files in specific folders
- Search for files and folders
- Use MS PowerPoint 2007 to:
- Closing presentations and closing PowerPoint
- Building New Presentations
- Creating new presentations
- Saving presentations
- Working in the outline tab
- Rearranging and deleting slides
- Using slides from other presentations
- Formatting and Proofing
- Exploring text formatting
- Moving and copying text
- Setting tabs and alignment
- Using the spelling checker
- Examining AutoCorrect and the style checker
- Using Drawing Tools
- Drawing objects
- Using AutoShapes
- Working with text in objects
- Enhancing objects
- Working with WordArt and Clip Art
- Working with WordArt
- Adding clip art
- Enhancing Presentations
- Using templates
- Working with the slide master
- Working with multiple slide masters
- Adding transitions and timings
- Adding speaker notes and footers
- Delivering Presentations
- Running presentations
- Printing presentations
- Exporting to other formats
- Saving presentations for web delivery
- Use MS Excel 2007 to:
- Spreadsheet terminology
- Exploring the Excel window
- Getting help
- Opening and navigating workbooks
- Closing workbooks
- Entering and Editing data
- Creating workbooks
- Entering and editing labels and values
- Entering and editing formulas
- Saving and updating workbooks
- Modifying a Worksheet
- Moving and copying data
- Moving and copying formulas
- Using absolute references
- Inserting and deleting ranges
- Using Functions
- Entering functions
- Using AutoSum
- Using AVERAGE, MIN, and MAX
- Formatting Worksheets
- Formatting text
- Formatting rows and columns
- Number formatting
- Using Format Painter and AutoFormat
- Preparing to print
- Page Setup options
- Printing worksheets
- Creating Charts
- Chart basics
- Modifying charts
- Printing charts
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Each student has their own computer. Presentations will be made using computers, whiteboard, overhead screen and printed notes. Step by step instruction, with demonstrations where appropriate, will help you grasp the concepts.
What feedback will I get?
You will receive regular feedback from your tutor throughout the course, as and when appropriate. At the end of the course you and your tutor are asked to assess the progress you have made.
How will I be able to give my views on the course?
Please complete the evaluation form at the end of your course. These are monitored and help us to continually improve our courses.
How do I find out if I can get some support for my learning?
Watford Women's Centre Plus offers support sessions: Computer Club & Guided Learning during the week, where you get 1-2-1 support from experienced volunteers. These sessions will need to be pre booked with reception
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Information Advice and Guidance will be given by a qualified tutor or staff member at the end of the course; to give you more information about other learning opportunities and activities available at the centre or at other local providers.